For our senior residents who are healthy and active.
Independent Living at Villas of Oak Park in Oak Park Heights offers many wonderful advantages for active senior residents. This arrangement is designed for independent seniors who desire the conveniences, social activities and security of community living.
The independent senior lifestyle at Villas of Oak Park is full of recreational, educational and social opportunities. It allows seniors more time to themselves and less time performing home maintenance and yard work. This arrangement is a great place to entertain old friends and meet new ones.
Independent Living at Villas of Oak Park includes continental breakfast. Many of our seniors also choose to add on campus services, such as weekly med setups and laundry services. Schedule a tour to see for yourself!
- All utilities (individually controlled heat and air-conditioning, electric, water, sewer and trash pick-up)
- 7 days-a-week continental breakfast
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Daily OK checks
- Health and wellness program
- Programs and events for socialization
- Apartment and building maintenance
- Month to month lease agreement
- Controlled entrance
- Smoke-free environment
- Daily afternoon coffee and cookies
- Washer and dryer in each apartment
- Pets welcome — (some restrictions apply)
- Refrigerator, stove/self-cleaning oven, dishwasher and microwave
- Scheduled transportation to shopping and outings
- Apartment building fire/smoke detector and sprinkler system
- Snow removal and lawn service
- Heated underground parking
- Guest suite
- Limited home care services
- Beauty/barber shop
- Housekeeping/laundry services
- Meals available
Every time I come to see Mom, I feel some apprehension and often cry on the way home. She is a shell, in many ways, of what she used to be. I pray, just bless our time together - and he does.
Today as I was leaving these leaves caught my eye. They had once been something that people would seek out in the fall to appreciate their beauty. They've been blown down in the wind and have disintegrated to a shell. Look, though, now they are intact - all of the veins of life still perfect. I asked a couple of people what they saw in them. "A rotten leaf." To me they are so beautiful in their "earthly imperfection." This to me was one of the many reminders I'm given when things are overwhelming.
Mom is intact and beautiful. Every time I watch you be with her I see it. I am so thankful that you are the one who can look at her as the woman she always was, not a shell, but beautiful as those adornments of youth have faded, sometimes more & more every day.
I love you for it!